Play Poker Dice for Free before you play for Real
Poker Dice is an enticing game and is refreshingly different from any other casino game. Poker Dice is a poker game but it is played with dice rather than cards. The objective of the game is to roll the highest ranking poker hand. This game is played with 5 standard 6 sided dice and each number of the dice represents a high poker card.
About Poker Dice
How to Play Poker Dice
Poker Dice is fairly new game in the online casino world but it has been around long before it hit the virtual arena. This game is very simple but extremely exciting and many players are flocking to play this thrilling game. The ultimate goal of the game is to roll the highest ranking poker hand using 5 standard dice. There are a variety of different Poker Dice variants and some use different dice but usually this game involves 5 normal 6 sided dice with the number 6 through 1 on each side. Some specialty dice have even been made with Ace, Queen, King, 10, Jack and 9 painted on the sides. The type of dice used generally does not matter much as long as the dice have 6 numbers or card values on them.
In order to start the game, the first player simply rolls the dice. When the roll is complete, the player will review the results and decide if he or she wants to roll again. The standard Poker Dice rules state that all players with have a maximum of 3 rolls to make a hand. If the player wishes to roll again, they may choose to remove some of the dice to lock in the values or they may roll all 5 dice again. When the player has rolled 3 times, the dice will be passed to another player. Players are not required to roll all 3 times – if they complete their hand before they have rolled 3 times then they can pass the dice to another player.
When all players have completed their rolls, the player holding the best poker hand is declared the winner. The best hand is determined by the specific rules of that Poker Dice game like a two pair or a 3 of a kind. Poker Dice is one of the simplest games and because of all the variations players will have no problem finding a Poker Dice game that suits their preferences.
Rules of Poker Dice
Before playing Poker Dice, players need to verify the rules and hand rankings of that specific Poker Dice variant. In a standard Poker Dice game, a single dot represents a card value of 9, two dots represent a card value of 10, three dots represent a card value of Jack, four dots represent a card value of Queen, five dots represent a card value of King and six dots represent a card value of Ace.
Traditional Poker Dice Scoring
The basic ranking of Poker Dice from highest to lowest is as follows:
- 5 of a Kind: All 5 dice have the same value. For example, if all of the dice are showing 6 dots then the player has 5 Aces or a 5 of a Kind.
- 4 of a Kind: Four dice have the same value. For example, if 4 dice are showing 3 dots then the player has 4 Jacks or a 4 of a Kind.
- Full House: When 2 dice have the same value and the other 3 dice have the same value. For example, if 2 dice are showing 1 dot and 3 dice are showing 4 dots then the player has two 9s and 3 Queens which is a full house.
- 3 of a Kind: Three dice have the same value. For example, if 3 dice are showing 2 dots then the player has three 10s or a 3 of a Kind.
- Two Pairs: When 2 dice share the same value and another 2 dice share the same value. For example, if 2 dice are showing 6 dots and another 2 dice are showing 5 dots then the player has 2 Aces and 2 Kings which is a 2 pair.
- One Pair: When 2 dice share the same value. For example, if 2 dice are showing 3 dots then the player has 2 Jacks or a pair.
If at least two players have a similar hand, the scoring becomes more complex. Essentially, higher valued hands have higher rankings than lower valued hands. For example, if one player has a 3 of a Kind consisting of 10s and the other player has a 3 of a Kind consisting of Queens then the player with the 3 of a Kind made of Queens in the winner. If at least two players have the exact same hand then the tie can be broken in two ways. Some rules state that cards which are not part of the hand can be used to determine the winner of the game. In addition, there can be a tie breaker round in order to determine a winner.
Poker Dice Variation: Dice Holdem
Dice Holdem is a Poker Dice variation that is based on the game Texas Hold’em. Dice Holdem shares similarities to Texas Hold’em but it is played with dice rather than cards. Dice Holdem can be played in a tournament or a cash game just as the traditional Texas Hold’em poker game is played. The twist of Dice Holdem comes from rolling dice instead of waiting for the community cards to be dealt. The hand rankings in Dice Holdem are similar to the basic Poker Dice rules – a 4 of a Kind beats a 3 of a King, etc. Just as there are 2 hole cards for every player in Texas Hold’em, there are two hidden dice that can only be seen by the player in Dice Holdem. These dice are not like the standard 6 sided numbered dice as these dice have the letter H, O, L, D, E and M on them. Players will use these letters to form their hand. The best Dice Holdem hand is to spell out HOLDEM.
The hand rankings for this game are slightly more complicated than the basic Poker Dice rankings. H is the highest hand ranking followed by O and then comes L, D, E and M. Below are more specific Dice Holdem hand rankings:
- H, O, L, D, E and M – This is the best Dice Holdem hand ranking
- 5 of a Kind – The best 5 of a Kind is made up of H, H, H, H and H but it can be made with any 5 of the same letters
- 4 of a Kind – The best 4 of a Kind is made up of H, H, H and H but it can be made with any 4 of the same letters
- Full House – The best full house is made up of H, H, H and O, O but can also be made with any 3 of the same letters plus another 2 matching letters
- Straight – The best straight is made up of H, O, L, D and E but it can also be made with O, L, D, E and M
- 3 of a Kind – The best 3 of a Kind is made up of H, H and H but it can be made with any 3 of the same letters
- 2 Pair – The best 2 pair is made up of H, H and O, O but can be made up with any 2 of the same letters plus 2 additional matching letters
- One Pair – The best pair is H, H but can be made up with any 2 matching letters
777.com provides players with a vastly superior and simpler variation of Poker Dice. It’s all available at the click of a button!