Video Poker Tips
Video poker has captivated players since they burst onto the scene. Today these online gaming showpieces adorn the arenas of the world’s top-tier online casinos. And with so much gaming variety available, players are literally spoiled for choice. Among the most popular video poker games available at online casinos are Joker Poker, Jacks or Better, Deuces Wild, Joker Poker and 10s or Better. While each game is inherently different – in the sense that different rules result in different winning combinations and payout percentages – the general format of video poker is the same. Each game is based on the standard 5 card draw poker game. What makes video poker different to poker, is that the game is played on a video poker machine – much like what appears to be a slot-style machine. The games are easy-to-learn and tough to master, but when you get it right, you cash in big time.
Top Tips to Performing Well in Games of Video Poker
The first tip to good performance is practice. There simply is no substitute for practice in the video poker arena. Free video poker games are readily available at the world’s top-tier casinos and this option should be exercised as much as possible. Players are dealt 5 cards. From these, players are able to keep cards or discard them. This is done by selecting cards on the screen. It pays to play as many coins as possible – the more coins you play, the higher the payout, when it comes. If a particular video poker game is too expensive to play on max paylines, it is wise practice to search for a game which is more affordable. Luckily there are many video poker games available online – almost as many as there are slots machines!
Five Tips to Beating the House in Video Poker Games
- Always do your homework. There are many machines to play at, but some pay better than others. Always check the payout percentage rates of the machines. The higher the payout percentage, the more likely you are to win back your money (the return) and more, in the long-term with perfect playing strategy. Video poker games rank among the best performing casino games – certainly far better than slots games online.
- Learn the rules of video poker before you play for real money. Each game has specific rules and if you’re familiar with the rules, you’re more likely to hold good cards and discard bad cards. In this vein, it’s imperative to select a video poker machine online with a good pay table.
- Check for games with payout rates of over 100%. These games – rare though they may be – do exist. Players who are lucky enough to find these games at casinos or online casinos stand the best chance of winning money. Video poker games are based heavily on skill and strategy.
- Play with a sizeable bankroll in order to ride out the losses you are bound to encounter. Odds state that losses are likely in most every casino game, but if you are well bankrolled, you can smooth out the troughs and aim for a small but steady return per hour in the long-term.
- Understand what your expected losses per hour can be, based on payout rates and your proficiency in the game. That way at least, you’ll be able to pace yourself better.
But perhaps the most important tip is this one: select your preferred game of video poker wisely. There are scores of games to choose from and some payout far better than others. Enjoy the game.