How to Play Blackjack
Pull up a seat, we’re about to get you started with Blackjack! The first thing you’ll need to do is select a chip value. We cater to players across the spectrum and you’ll find a wide range of betting options available. There are several positions in front of the dealer in the semi-circle – the ones that are vacant are available to you.
Did you know?
There are two terms used in the game of blackjack that are borrowed from baseball. The position to the left of the dealer is “first base”, and the position to the dealer’s right is “third base”. There is no “second base”.
You can increase bets by clicking on the value of the chip you’re interested in. To remove your bets, simply click Clear Bets. This will allow you to start over and choose the wager you want. Bets can be placed on as many as 5 hands in Multihand Blackjack or just a single hand in games like Classic Blackjack.
- The Minimum/Maximum bets are clearly shown for every game of Blackjack.
- Once you have placed your wagers, click the Deal button to get started. Two cards are dealt face up to each player and two cards to the dealer (1 face up and 1 face down).
- Should the dealer’s upcard be an Ace, you will be offered to the option to take Insurance.
- You can Hit (take another card), Stand (take no further cards), Double (bet and take 1 final card) or Split (bet and split pairs).
- When you are playing multiple hands of Blackjack, each hand will receive cards separately from right to left.
- You should always have sufficient funds in your account to cover your bets, failing which you will be required to deposit more.
- If there are additional bets needing to placed such as Splitting, Doubling or Taking Insurance, these are over and above the Minimum/Maximum bets per game.
- Depending on the game you’re playing, the dealer typically draws to 16 and stands on all 17s (hard and soft).
More Blackjack is More Fun!
When you’re learning how to play Blackjack, remember that 777 features multiple variants of Blackjack. The standard How to Play rules described above still apply but with slight modifications for each of the following games:
- American Blackjack - Play traditional U.S. style Blackjack with 6 decks of cards.
- Multihand Blackjack – Play up to 5 Blackjack hands at the same time.
- Classic Blackjack – Play one hand at a time with one deck of cards.
- Spanish 21 – Re-split Aces, double after splitting and enjoy late surrenders.
It’s really easy to get started playing Blackjack. Click the chip value you wish to bet and then click Deal. That’s it - let’s cut straight to the action and play Blackjack!